Based in Manchester, UK
June 30, 2010
Mr. Big has set his sights on the rich reserves on the arctic, and he's hired hunters to clear out the local wildlife. Help Polar defeat the trappers, rescue his family, and force Globoco out of his home. Polar Panic brings classic arcade-style gaming to your PlayStation®3 with modern flair, fast-paced action, and frantic 2-player local multiplayer matches 50 ice-shattering single-player levels, 50 brain-freezing puzzle levels, and an everlasting survival mode for the daring deliver endless entertainment in a small package.
Polar Panic was our first original IP title - an action puzzler inspired by classic games like Pengu and Bomberman. We squeezed a huge amount into it, with a full story mode compete with epic boss battles, an equally big puzzle mode with some really fiendish puzzles and to top it off we threw in an awesome crazy hectic 4 player local multiplayer survivor mode. Later on we took the Puzzle mode, created a whole bunch more levels and released them as a PlayStation Minis title, "Arctic Adventures: Polar's Puzzles". Sony then asked us to create a new version for their PlayStation Mobile platform and so we made "Arctic Adventures: Brain Freeze", a complation of all the puzzles from the previous games complete with touch controls and new features such as the ability to 'undo' your moves.
- Spanning 50 story levels of Polar in his fight against Mr Big
- Can YOU guide Polar to victory against the trappers, across the frozen wastes, through the forests wrecked by over-logging?
- 50 more Puzzle levels to set your brain into a spin!
- Single player, local multiplayer and Survivor modes!
- The perfect game to play during long winter nights!
- Originally release on PS3 and XBLA we've since brought follow up versions to PlayStation Minis and PlayStation Mobile.
Logo & Icon
- "One of the best-looking, sounding and playing minis I have yet tried."
- Greg Aldridge, The Sixth Axis
- "A most worthwhile addition to the PSP’s library ... High production values, plenty of value for money and solid puzzle action at hand – what are you waiting for?"
- , Burning Thumbs
- "Polar Panic is a one awesomely hot puzzle adventure - 8.8/10"
- , Game Chronicle
- "Survivor mode is very cool. Fast-paced, non-stop action that can get pretty intense - Silver Award"
- , Gamers Daily News
A look behind the scenes into the work that went into making Polar Panic playstationlifestyle.net.
About Eiconic Games
Eiconic is a UK based independent games studio run by Dave Pollard and Simon Credland. We make the kind of games we love to play.
More information on Eiconic Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Polar Panic Credits
Director & Programmer, Eiconic
Director & Artist, Eiconic
Sarah "NinjaBeaver" Mills
Concept & 2D Artist, Freelancer
Engine Programmer, Eiconic